After a lot of second guessing by people, Dell have finally made that purchase and announced today they intend to acquire Perot Systems, which will become the services arm for the company.
There’s no doubt that Dell needed to do something to match the technology and services play offered by [...]Continue Reading This Post →
We’re starting to see a flood of 2TB drives coming on to the market from all of the major hard drive manufacturers. This review covers the Western Digital WD20EADS, a 2TB SATA-II drive with green credentials.
The WD20EADS is part of the Caviar Green range of drives. These are aimed at desktop computing [...]Continue Reading This Post →
On 1st September, Netapp announced a programme to give away $1,000,000 of hardware and services to a non-Netapp customer in order to “prove” their Virtualisation Guarantee – save 50% of your storage in virtualised environments. Now that challenge is available to UK customers – and [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I’m on holiday this week, relaxing in the south of Spain with some lovely warm temperatures, which has been a boon compared to the summer we had in the UK this year. Part of my holiday reading has been Isaac Asimov and I’m ploughing through his short stories, currently one called “The Feeling of Power”.
[...]Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (9,964)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (9,400)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (7,859)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (5,826)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (5,467)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,061)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (4,886)
- Back to Blogging (4,451)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (4,339)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (4,159)