So HDS’s announcement has turned out to be a complete disappointment. What it’s not:
It’s not new hardware. It’s not providing more physical capacity. It’s not providing dynamic tiering. It’s not providing enhanced replication technology.
What is on offer is the ability to cluster USPs – a feature called Hitachi [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Well, I truly hope not. Let me just explain what I’m talking about and things may become a bit clearer.
HDS have started their viral marketing for an announcement being made on 27th May. Claus Mikkelsen’s latest blog entry asks us to guess what the announcement will be, based on [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Day 2 of EMC World is here. The weather is awful – thunderstorms and lots of water everywhere. On the news this morning, they’d positioned a reporter by a large puddle, filming vehicles as they tried to get through a mere 6 inches of water. At least it was better than normal US TV.
So, [...]Continue Reading This Post →
As I sit here at the start of EMC World Day 1, I’m pondering over some of the conversations of last night. The direction EMC are taking with V-Max, the Atmos product and Clariion makes me wonder if DMX could be classed as the last of the (EMC) monolithic storage arrays.
So, here’s the thinking. [...]Continue Reading This Post →
So EMC World is finally here. Things kicked off Sunday evening with registration, catching up with old and new friends and a mini-concert by the Gin Blossoms (a band, being British, I’d never heard of). Things went pretty much to form; everywhere was crowded, the food and drink queues were huge and a good time [...]Continue Reading This Post →
OK, I haven’t had a poll on the site for a while, so just for fun here’s one; who writes the best storage management software for their products? Answers on a postcard, or alternatively, just click on one of the buttons below. Answers in a week or so.Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (9,931)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (9,373)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (7,830)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (5,806)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (5,421)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,048)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (4,843)
- Back to Blogging (4,450)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (4,306)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (4,123)
- ViPR – Frankenstorage Revisited (9)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (8)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (6)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (5)
- Enterprise Computing: 3par and HDS – 50% Saving – Guaranteed? (5)
- HP Storage Bets on 3PAR (4)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (4)
- Manipulating the Message – The Art of Marketing (4)
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (3)
- Enterprise Computing: Thin Provisioning and The Cookie Monster! (3)