It’s the end of another year and of course time to the obligatory posts on predictions in the industry for the next 12 months. True to form, I’ve spent some time thinking and here are my top 5 ruminations for the coming year.
EMC join SPC. EMC will finally have the epiphany we’ve all been [...]Continue Reading This Post →
In my previous post I started the discussion on how cloud storage could actually be useful to organisations and not be simply for consumer use.
One of the big issues that will arise is the subject of standards. To my knowledge, there is no standard so far [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Storagezilla was quick to turn a Twitter conversation into a PR opportunity for EMC this week. Have a read. As one of the originators of this conversation, I’d intended to blog on it but was slightly beaten to print. Never mind, I’ve got more content to add to the discussion.
[...]Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (9,970)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (9,412)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (7,863)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (5,845)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (5,480)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,066)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (4,905)
- Back to Blogging (4,451)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (4,352)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (4,184)