- Storage White Papers
From the monthly archives: April 2008
I’ve had my Drobo for a few months now. For those of you not familiar with the technology, the Drobo is a storage device from a company called Data Robotics. Follow the link above to their website for full details.
I’d been looking for a decent home/home office storage device [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Just had to share this with everyone if you haven’t already seen it…
On a PC (or server) with Internet connectivity, type “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl” (without the quotes).
Assuming you have telnet and your firewall allows it, sit back and enjoy!
_uacct = “UA-1104321-2″;
I was chatting to colleagues today and we were reflecting on an installation which had just completed and needed another additional storage tranche installed. Ironically, the initial disk installation on the new array hadn’t been fully implemented because the vendor “forgot” to install the full quota of cache in the array. Although this was a [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Reading Chuck’s blog during my vacation, I stopped on his comment that multi-vendor environments are on the decline due to their complexity and the hassle of dealing with multiple vendors.
I have to say that firstly, I don’t believe this and secondly and companies with large storage environments would be [...]Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (12,306)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (11,469)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (9,669)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (7,506)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (7,376)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (7,333)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (6,724)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (6,277)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,750)
- How Many IOPS? (4,710)
- Comparing and Contrasting All Flash Arrays – All Vendors (25)
- The Virtual Machine is a Legacy Construct (10)
- ScaleIO, EMC’s New Baby (6)
- Will Connected Data be Good for Drobo? (5)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (5)
- Violin Memory Delivers Converged Storage (4)
- Enterprise Computing: Sun/Oracle Kicks Hitachi To The Kerb (4)
- Virtualisation – Solving the Storage Problem (3)
- Hitachi Attacks Migration Costs with Non-Disruptive Migration Feature (3)
- Avere Systems Embraces Cloud with Cloud NAS (3)