- Storage White Papers
From the monthly archives: March 2007
It seems that the world is moving to Exchange for email messaging. Unfortunately there are some of us still using Lotus Notes/Domino.
As a messaging product, it seems to me to be reasonably efficient; our Domino servers can support upwards of a thousand users, perhaps 1-2TB of Notes mailboxes. Domino stores the mailboxes as [...]Continue Reading This Post →
As pointed out by Richard, my WWN decoder stopped working when I redid my website. Here’s a new link; http://www.brookend.com/html/resources/wwndecoder.asp.
_uacct = “UA-1104321-2″;
Implementing a storage tiering strategy is a big thing these days. Everyone should do it. If you don’t then you’re not a “proper” storage administrator. Being serious and moving away from the hype for a second, there is a lot of sense in implementing tiering. It comes down to 1 thing – cost. If disk [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I had a bit of banter following a post I made on ITToolbox earlier in the week. The question was posed as to why major disk array vendors (other than Netapp) don’t produce performance statistics. There are benchmarks; the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation and Storage [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I was invited last week to speak at the first (of hopefully) many HDS User Forums in the UK. The subject was Storage Resource Management and I talked on the subject and my thoughts for about 30 minutes. One slide generated the most interest and I’ve included it here. It [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I’ve spent the last few weeks being heavily involved in a storage performance issue. Unfortunately I can’t discuss the details as they’re too sensitive (in fact, I can’t even mention the TLA vendor in question), however it did make me think more about how we validate a storage architecture design will actually work.
As part [...]Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (12,307)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (11,475)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (9,671)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (7,506)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (7,376)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (7,334)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (6,725)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (6,277)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,750)
- How Many IOPS? (4,712)